Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Blog Entry #2: A Look at Music Videos




Initial reaction: As I watched the video, my first thoughts were “WOW”. The beat of song really matched this type of music, and I felt that the story was perfect in conjunction of the song. As I listened in more and more, the words and rhythm soon got stuck in my head!

Analysis and interpretation: Stereo Love is very romantic song recorded in the outskirts of Romania. The theme of the song is generally love. The song portrays a man who finds a women and that they both love each other. The song does a good job expressing love with one another. Vika Jigulina sings most of the lines and lyrics in this version of the song. I think the director created this music video so show the audience the main point of the song. The video matches the lyrics and song beautifully. The first gospel value is love, so yes they are aligned with the Gospel values.

Consideration of cultural content: Edward Maya, creator of the song, wanted to create a music video to display and teach teenagers or adults about love.

Expression of aesthetic judgement: The cinematography in this song is fantastic. It is recorder in a small, but very nice looking Greek Island. The terrain is eye catching and the crystal clear water looks very nice in the video. The acting contains of only Edward Maya and Vika Jigulina. Moreover, the song “This is my Life” is an extended version of stereo love and Edward and Vika are the same actors. In the video, typical brick roads are used and the environment looks like the olden days.

Ongoing refection: As I am a huge fan of Edward Maya’s music, and trance in general, this song really caught my eye. I really liked the beat and rhythm of the song, and the video really matched the song. The characters as well were a perfect match for the video.


Another version of the same song! This time it is shot in Toronto and sung by Mia Martina.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karan I agree with your opinions on this music video and I really liked the song.w

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karan,

    I agree with you analysis 100%. The beat of this song is very catchy, and the cinematography is amazing. The scenery is beautiful, especially the opening scene.

    ReplyDelete